1 of or relating to procedure; "a procedural violation"
2 applying to methods of enforcement and rules of procedure; "adjective law" [syn: adjective] [ant: substantive]
- Related to procedure.
- The judge dismissed the case on procedural grounds; it wasn't the facts or the law, it was just they hadn't filed the correct forms.
Procedural, as an adjective, refers to the concept of procedure. It may also refer to:
- Procedural programming, a computer programming concept
- Procedural generation, a term often used in connection with computer graphics applications to indicate that data is created algorithmically rather than directly specified by an artist
- Procedural law, a legal concept
- Procedural memory, a cognitive science concept
procedural, a type of mystery fiction in written or dramatized
- More generally, Procedural (genre)